Wednesday 26 September 2012

Giving Back

I've always been blessed to have food on my plate and a roof over my head. Before I joined the CJTT family I was working at a station in Brantford, and was downsized. Fortunately I was able to find work outside of radio, but when I moved up here I was beyond blessed with people helping me. In turn I try to help others. Whenever I go grocery shopping I try to pick up an extra item for the food bank. This weekend the Community is holding a Food Bank Drive on Saturday from 10 to 4 p.m. I encourage people to give. So often we get wrapped up in our own problems we forget there's needs in our own community. Even providing 1 item a week will go along way!

Cheers!

Shika

Here's some drop off places:

New Liskeard: Salvation Army Community Church.
Haileybury: Food bank
Cobalt: Food Bank
Earlton: Grocery King

Call for Pick Up or Drop Off: The Speaker 705 647 6791

No comments:

Post a Comment